There are few makeup products that stick in my mind as something I must try as much as the L’Oréal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation did. Touted as the perfect base product for adding a glow to dehydrated and dry skin, you can imagine my delight when it was announced that it would finally be available to purchase in the UK!
Available exclusively on Amazon UK, this foundation comes in 12 shades, running from Classic Ivory to Cocoa. It retails for £11.99.
After testing this beauty for a few weeks, I’ve put together a few of my thoughts in this bite size review, to let you know whether or not it lives up to the hype.
- Gives a healthy, radiant glow finish
- Lasts for up to 24hrs
- Ideal for normal to dry skin
- Medium coverage with a light texture
It was true love from first application – it gave a dewy, even finish that smoothed out the small amount of texture I had left over from some acne scars, without clinging to any dry or flaky patches.
I find this applies best with a damp beauty sponge (I use the large green blender from ecoTools) to leave an extra dewy finish. As expected, the glow diminishes somewhat after it’s been powdered, but I found it played well with other primers and liquid luminizers, both of which help restore some of that healthy, lit-from-within sheen.
As for the 24hr claim… if you’re looking for a complexion product to last you an entire day and night, I’m not entirely sure you’ll find it anywhere for just £11.99. Having said that, this does have a pretty decent wear-time. It collected slightly in a few areas – my smile lines and the line between my lower lip and chin seem to have some kind of magnetic attraction to a lot of my foundations, so I wasn’t particularly surprised. It was far less extreme than I expected, and I got about 6 or 7 hours of wear before this started to occur.
- Gives a natural looking finish and healthy glow
- Lives up to claim of medium coverage
- Inexpensive in comparison to other hydrating foundations (e.g. Tarte Shape Tape hydrating foundation)
- Lasts a decent amount of time, particularly for a dewy foundation
- Pairs well with other base products
- Feels hydrating on the skin, doesn’t dry out as the day goes on
- Fast delivery with Amazon
- Starts to fade and gather in certain areas after around the 6/7 hour mark
- Shade range is fairly limited when it comes to deeper skin tones (refer to the chart I’ve included below if you’re unsure of your shade)
- Foundation may leak into cap (a minor detail, but if you’re the sort who likes to keep your makeup looking pristine, it’s one to consider!)
As you can probably tell, I absolutely love this foundation. I’ve been waiting eagerly for this to come to the UK for so many years, so I’m overjoyed that it’s not only met my hopes and expectations, but exceeded them. For £11.99, I certainly think this is worth testing out – you may just find it’s worth the hype!
You can find the L’Oréal Pro Glow for sale here.
Thanks for reading! I have a tendency to drone on when I’m excited about a product, so I’ve made a concerted effort to keep this short, sweet, and to the point. I have another review coming within the next week, so keep your eyes peeled for that. It feels good to be back!
Sending good thoughts to you all,